Tuesday 23 July 2013

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Whilst in Boots a few weeks ago, I picked up a product that I've been wanting to try for a while; Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I've seen a lot of beauty bloggers / vloggers talking about this product so I thought I would give my opinion on the product. I bought this product in the shade 'Pink Blossom', this is the palest shade that is made.

My first point about this product is, it does what it says on the packaging! It stopped my face from being shiny and it kept my foundation and concealer on for most of the day.

Also, its very cheap and easy to find, its stocked in almost every shop that sells beauty goods.

If you don't want it to alter the colour of your foundation, Rimmel also make a 'translucent' powder which just takes away shine.

There are also some bad things about this product.

I have quite dry skin, although it can sometimes be a little oily when the weather gets hotter. I had to use quite a lot of the powder to stop my face from being shiny and to keep my foundation on all day.

The powder also made my skin feel even dryer than usual, and it also clogged my pores up more than other powders I've previously used.

Another thing I didn't like about this product is that it made my face feel almost like it had concrete on it! ( I know I don't really know what that feels like, but I can imagine! ) It made my face feel and sometimes look like I had loads of foundation caked on.

The last point about this powder is that it made me look more pale than usual. I'm very pale skinned naturally and after putting this powder on, it made me look like a ghost or like I had never seen sunlight!

Overall, I would probably not recommend this powder unless using the 'translucent' shade.


Thank you for reading.

If you want to read more press the little 'follow this blog' button and watch your dreams come true ;)

Let me know in the comments if there is any products you would like me to review.

Bye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment